These are general security tools that may span more than one of the detailed categories, or otherwise are generally useful.
- PenTesters Framework - Allows installing and managing a bunch of other tools at the same time.
- GTFOBins - Privilege escalation tools on Unix
- LOLBAS - Living Off the Land Binaries
- LOTS Project - Living Off Trusted Sites
- HOUDINI - Hundreds of Offensive and Useful Docker Images for Network Intrusion
- Metasploit Framework - Mostly for pentesting, but includes lots of useful utilities.
- Burp Suite - Canonical tool for doing anything related to webapps.
- Wireshark - Canonical tool for anything to do with packet captures.
Security Testing Distributions
- Kali Linux - The canonical penetration testing distribution, formerly “Backtrack Linux”
- Commando VM - Windows tool set.
- Printer Exploitation Toolkit (PRET)
- Interactive Kiosk Attack Tool
- Firmadyne Firmware Analysis
- Werdlists - Wordlists for all kinds of things
- SecLists - More lists of useful things.
- PrivateBin - Zero Knowledge Pastebin